Herbal Steam Bath
Herbal steam bath is the best Ayurvedic therapy to accompany most treatments. This is because it helps to cleanse and purify the body, while also simultaneously detoxifying it. Ayush Ayurveda Singapore provides herbal steam bath treatment in every branch, and ensures that every care is taken to provide a holistic healing experience. Herbal steam bath is a treatment which helps provide relief from a wide range of ailments. Ayush Ayurvedic Singapore does this in the best way, with trained doctors and therapists with immense experience and education in the field of Ayurveda.
Every ayurvedic treatment must be done only by skilled ayurvedic professionals. Depending on the nature of the illness and the treatment modality, herbal steam bath might be prescribed by Ayush Ayurveda Singapore. In the modern world which is extremely fast-paced and where pollution is rampant, this therapy is a great way to detox and purge the body of any harmful toxins or ama. It also helps rejuvenate the mind and relaxes the body. The skin, being the largest organ in the body, allows the toxins to escape in the form of sweat. This practice is called swedana in Ayurveda. Sweating is a great way to help reduce the load on the liver and kidneys as well. There are thousands of micro channels on the surface of the skin which help break down any accumulation of lymph or ama in the body and removes it via sweat glands. By hastening this process, detoxification is absolute. The perfect herbal steam bath is a speciality in itself at Ayush Ayurvedic Singapore.
Herbal steam bath involves steaming the body with a number of herbs and leaves which have medicinal benefits. Depending on the nature of the body, the dosha type and the illness being treated, the ayurvedic practitioner chooses the right combination of herbs for the treatment. These herbs in boiling water provide a therapeutic steam which is where the patient’s body is allowed to rest. When exposed to this steam, the body sweats profusely indicating the treatment is working. This therapy is usually done following Abhyangam or oil massage, however, it can be done post most ayurvedic treatments as it helps seal in the effects while removing any unnecessary toxins from the body as well. Herbal steam bath treatment at Ayush Ayurveda Singapore also provides a number of benefits to both mental and physical health, making it a holistic and wholesome treatment option.
- Removes toxins from the body through sweat.
- Promotes functioning of sensory organs.
- Enhances blood circulation in the body through dilation of blood vessels.
- Burns calories, thereby helping to reduce weight.
- Helps keep skin soft and glowing.
- Provides relief to asthma patients.
- Improves function of the respiratory system.
- Helps relieve joint pains.
- Provides great stress relief.
- Opens up the sinuses and helps drain any accumulation of phlegm.
- Helps body recovery post injury or intense workouts.
- Soothes sore muscles.
- Aids in reduction of inflammation.
- Helps manage pain due to arthritis.
- Balances vata and kapha in the body.
- Helps relieve fatigue and excessive tiredness.
- Provides great improvement to the digestive process.