How does Ayurveda medicine helps in building immunity?
Immunity is defined as the protection against a particular disease or illness by substances present in the blood. A weak immune system is likely to get affected by diseases frequently than a strong one. Due to the present pandemic situation throughout the country, it’s necessary to own a healthy immune system that can help fight various ailments. The answer to a healthy immune system lies in Ayurveda, developed during the prehistoric times.
Ayurvedic doctors believe that the physical and mental existence along with personality as individual units have the ability to influence each other in Ayurveda. An Ayurvedic doctor uses natural and holistic theories and techniques to help patients maintain a healthy life, remove doshas, reduce stress in order to build immunity in the human body. It’s the precise observation of the ayurvedic doctor on the interconnectedness between body, mind, and spirit that looks after the well-being of the patient.
Up to 80 percent of people in India use different forms of traditional medicine to treat various diseases, one such form being ayurvedic medicine. It is noteworthy that ayurvedic medicine prescribes cleansing and healing processes with both internal and external applications for the body, to heal and improve the quality of life. Dinacharya or daily rituals are ways of introducing Ayurveda to boost immunity such as:
- Have Chyavanprash (10 g) early in the morning to kickstart a healthy morning routine.
- Herbal tea made from tulsi, cinnamon, black pepper, dry ginger along with raisin once or twice a day is effective during such times.
- Half teaspoon turmeric in 150 ml hot milk is also good for a healthy immune system.
- Nasal application – which refers to the application of sesame/coconut oil in both the nostrils during morning and evening is also effective.
- Oil pulling therapy encourages swishing of Sesame/Coconut Oil in the mouth and to spit it out after a warm water rinse. This can be done once or twice a day.
Even though the COVID19 pandemic has the world in its grim grip, Ayurvedic treatments can be deployed as preventive medicine to increase immunity and stay healthy.