The health benefits of preventive medicine
An Ayurveda massage serves not only to relieve pain but especially as preventive medicine increasing circulation, stimulating and strengthening the lymphatic system, and opening the flow of life force in order to cleanse and revitalize the body.
During an Ayurvedic massage, organic oil blends are infused with Ayurvedic herbs and heated to promote relaxation and detoxification. The oils are chosen to balance a person’s dominant dosha. At the right temperature, these oils enter the body through the skin and pores, bind to the ama (toxins), and eliminate them to detoxify the body.
Is Ayurveda massage holistic healing?
It’s a form of treatment that considers the whole person (including his or her mind, body and spirit)—in the quest for optimal health. The idea of an Ayurveda massage is that one can achieve overall wellness through the achievement of proper balance in life.
When you visit a holistic Ayurvedic practitioner, they’ll likely take an approach to healing whatever you’re dealing with by considering your dosha type and your environment—the stress in your life, your diet and medications you’ve taken in the past. While some people eschew Western medicine in favor of only holistic treatments, it’s become more and more common to combine facets of both.
What Are the Benefits of Ayurveda Massage?
Just as Ayurveda is prevention-oriented, so is an Ayurveda massage. In general, Ayurvedic massage can help.
- Balance Vata, Pitta, and Kapha doshas
- Promote healthy skin
- Detoxify and cleanse
- Enhance the immune system
- Reduce stress
- Boost body awareness
- Clear physiological and energetic pathways
- Keep healthy people in good health
Essential massages that boost health
One of the most popular Ayurveda massage treatments in Panchakarma, where a number of massages are carried out. Some of the Ayurveda massages done are:
- Shirodhara: Head massage where oil is poured continuously on the head.
- Abhyangam: Full body massage using warm herbal oil. The use of pressure during the massage helps to stimulate energy in the body.
- Udvarthanam: A massage done by wet/dry rubbing herbal powder over the body to release toxins and remove fat.
- Elakizhi: A combination of herbal leaves are made into a poultice which is dipped in warm herbal oil and used to massage the body.
- Njavarakizhi: A special massage using the specially cooked Navara rice done to revitalize the senses by promoting sweating.
- Pizhichil: Involves pouring of warm oil continually while carrying out a massage.
- Kativasti: This is a special massage to provide relief from back pain and muscle aches.
Where can you go to get an Ayurvedic Massage
You don’t have to travel to India to get an Ayurveda massage, our branches cater to almost every type of ailments and wellness requirements with traditional massages and therapies as is done in Kerala, India. Each Ayush Ayurveda Health Care center conforms to the highest standards of care, and provides natural, organic treatments for every ailment.
Every therapist at Ayush Ayurveda Singapore is highly skilled and educated in the practice of Ayurveda massage. They are equipped with years of experience, and are capable of handling any medical issues with utmost patience and superior skill.
Because Ayurvedic massage is tailored to an individual’s wellness needs, it’s generally considered safe and beneficial when done by qualified experts.