DINACHARYA / DAILY REGIMEN IN AYURVEDA
Ayurveda is more than you think
The global pandemic has brought life as we know it to a halt. It is important to establish healthier routines and habits so that our bodies remain healthy and function with ease. Ayurveda, the science of healing with nature backed by 5000 years of history, does not just mean therapies and concoctions. Ayurveda is a way of lifestyle of practicing natural and organic techniques for overall physical and mental well-being every day.
List of Dinacharya/Daily Ayurvedic Practices to add to your routine:
- Most of us start the day by brushing our teeth. Follow this by doing oil pulling, which involves swishing pure coconut/sesame oil around the mouth for 5 – 10 minutes. Finally, spit it out. This is found to improve oral hygiene, immunity, and deep-cleanse the mouth.
- Scraping the tongue is another ayurvedic practice. It frees the taste buds from the residue, thereby allowing one to taste food in a more accurate manner. It also rids the mouth of any toxins and food waste.
- Yoga and Pranayama is a wonderful way to wake up the body and mind and ensure balance of the doshas.
- A professional ayurvedic massage can deliver immense stress-relief and rejuvenation. You may also indulge in a self-massage or Abhyangam using oils to improve your mental well-being.
- Drinking warm water several times a day is another simple, yet highly effective ayurvedic remedy with numerous positive effects. It allows digestive regulation, easy bowel movements, and improves overall sense of stability in bodily functions.
- Sweating or Swedana is a method of deep cleansing the body by removal of toxins through the pores. Indulge in a hot shower, steam your face and body, and allow it to sweat, aiding the detoxifying process.
- Ayurveda suggests cleansing your face with a nut powder, which acts as a scrub, removing all dead skin cells. Follow up by applying oil onto your face, massaging it gently and deeply. This allows all excess water to drain, reducing puffiness.
All these will surely enhance your lifestyle for the better and leave you feeling refreshed and energized. Ayurveda has a tremendous effect in improving mental, physical and spiritual well-being. Visit Ayush to evaluate yourself, and follow instructions provided by the practitioners since Ayurveda has numerous remedies for different ailments.