THE RUNDOWN ON SHATAVARI
Shatavari is an ayurvedic herb which is used to treat a variety of conditions. It is known particularly in Ayurveda for its ability to balance vata and pitta doshas. Shatavari is also used for its healing properties, especially in digestive and reproductive health. Ayurveda makes extensive use of this herb due to these characteristics. Below are more facts about shatavari and ways to use it to ensure mental and physical health.
Shatavari can be used to treat diabetic patients. It helps reverse kidney damage usually caused by poor treatment of diabetes or high blood pressure.
Shatavari can help prevent the formation of gastric ulcers which can cause discomfort in the lining of the stomach walls resulting in digestive issues.
- This herb has shown to stimulate higher lactation levels in nursing mothers, making it a great remedy for those with lesser milk production.
- Shatavari is an adaptogen and has shown great promise in boosting mental health, nervous function and so on.
- This ayurvedic herb promotes antioxidant enzyme production in the body. This helps fight off the harmful effects of free radicals.
- It also boosts mental health by acting as an antidepressant. This is due to the presence of flavonoids, polyphenols and saponins. Stress, anxiety and depression can all be treated by appropriate ayurvedic treatment using shatavari as recommended by an ayurvedic doctor.
Shatavari is also an excellent remedy for chronic diarrhea, and dysentery. It can help slow down the frequency of stools due to the presence of flavonoids. Rate of dehydration is also lessened with consumption of shatavari. The digestive system as a whole massively benefits from the usage of this herb.
- It promotes better immune response in the body when it is fighting against disease or infection. This is due to sapogenin, which is a potent immune stimulator. The body’s immunity is greatly increased and helps with speedy recovery when consumed regularly.
- Shatavari has diuretic properties. This means that it can help prevent the formation of kidney stones since it helps with frequent urination and does not allow accumulation of toxins.
- The herb is extremely rich in saponins. These help regulate the female menstrual cycle and ease the symptoms of PMS, reduce cramps and lessen blood loss.
- Shatavari has cooling properties which help balance hormones in the body. It can also lessen acne and prevent other hormone imbalance related diseases.
Always consult an ayurvedic doctor for the best way to treat ailments according to your body type.