AYURVEDA FOR GLOWING SKIN
Ayurveda promotes healthy living for a healthy life. This encapsulates almost all aspects of life, including good bodily functioning on the inside and visible benefits such as better skin, great hair, better mobility, etc. on the outside.
A good diet and regular ayurvedic therapy work together to achieve supple, soft and well-moisturized skin which in turn can help develop positive mental health by promoting feelings of body positivity and self-confidence. There are many ayurvedic tips which can be easily incorporated in day to day life to achieve better skin.
- Abhyangam or self-massage with oil can be performed daily to stimulate blood flow. This also improves skin elasticity and provides deep moisturization. Use sesame oil for the best results.
- Garshana involves using a silk glove to brush the whole body. This helps increase lymphatic drainage and hastens dead skin turnover. Regular garshana gives a glowing complexion to skin due to deep exfoliation.
- Neem oil is a powerful antioxidant which has deeply penetrative effects. Use this ayurvedic medicine on rashes, discoloration and you are sure to see results. This can also be used on skin affected by psoriasis or eczema to relieve itchiness and dryness.
- Rosewater is an ayurvedic secret which is gaining popularity worldwide. Use rosewater as a toner, and spritz some on throughout the day to refresh your skin and give it a bright look. This helps your skin stay plump and well hydrated.
- Using an “ubtan” which is made of natural ingredients can improve skin texture. Mix oat flour with water to make an ubtan paste. Use this by pressing it onto your moistened face and rinse off to cleanse your skin without stripping it off the natural oils.
- The pores on the skin tend to accumulate excess oil and dirt. This can be removed by sweating. Regular exercise, yoga and even steaming can allow the pores to dispel all the ama in the form of sweat.
- Sandalwood is a miracle for acne and other skin problems. Use finely ground Sandalwood powder as a face pack every week to awaken your skin. It has a cooling effect on the body, and calms down any skin issues.
Ayurveda tackles skin problems in a holistic way and promotes healing by simple, natural means. This maintains skin pH, and does not obstruct body chemistry in any way, making it the healthiest way to attain flawless skin. Follow these steps to see a definite improvement in your overall skin tone, texture and moisture levels.