Household Ayurvedic herbs that cure ailments
With the growing popularity of Ayurveda, people from around the world are discovering the health benefits of ayurvedic herbs that produce efficacious results in the present millennia.Ayurvedic herbs have been used in Ayurvedic lineage for over 5,000 plus years and are widely available in the Indian subcontinent and surrounding areas. The ancient Vedic seers of India had compiled and classified the curative and preventive properties of numerous ayurvedic herbs into one herbal healing system that can be accessed and utilized by anyone. This herbal system or science of healing is known to us as Ayurveda. Ayurvedic medical practitionersapart from using ayurvedic herbs also use therapeutic oils and spices to treat illness and balance the doshas. Regular intake of Ayurvedic herbs in daily foods based on an Ayurvedic doctor’s advice can help the body gain substantial immunity and build its own defence mechanism against various infections and diseases.
Every herb in Ayurvedic herbology has a multitude of benefits – for establishing a balance of the mind, body, and spirit. Such ayurvedic herbs can easily be grown in our home gardens or found in any vegetable/fruit shop as well. However, anayurvedic pharmacy is also a place to look-out for a variety of curative ayurvedic herbs. From weight loss to beautiful skin to overall strength and vitality, herbs can transform your health in ways you haven’t imagined possible. An ayurvedic medical practitioner with his immense knowledge and understanding of the herbs and their advantages, the dosage required for internal and external consumption, and how beneficial they can be for good health and sustainable living, can help you find a way to restore and protect your body with Ayurveda.
Few miraculous benefits of Ayurvedic herbs are,
- Induces better sleep – Brahmi also referred to as ‘Brain tonic’ in Ayurveda promotes peaceful sleep, eases emotional turbulence, and increases concentration and alertness. Another powerful ayurvedic herb, Ashwagandha promotes good sleep by reducing stress, insomnia, and anxiety.
- Promotes glowing skin – Neem is a well-known medicinal herb that is widely known for its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. It penetrates deep into the skin pores and removes dead skin cells and toxins making the skin clean and well-nourished.
- Cures cancer – Amla has shown its ability to kill and prevent the growth of cancer cells while not harming any healthy cells in the body. Even leaf extracts of Ashwagandha has the potential to cure cancer when used in the long run.
- Reduces dandruff – Nothing can be more convenient than using neem to reduce dandruff. Neem is available almost everywhere and can be easily grown at home too. Because of blood-purifying as well as antimicrobial properties neem has, it helps treat multiple skin and hair issues.
- Cures diabetes –Vijaysar (Pterocarpus Marsupium) helps cure diabetes because of anti-hyperlipidemic properties. It also tends to reduce major symptoms of diabetes like frequent urination, excessive craving to eat, and burning sensation in the limbs.
- Helps treats arthritis – Ajwain is used to arthritic pain due to the presence of anti-inflammatory components in it. Because of anaesthetic and anti-inflammatory properties, it further helps in relieving excessive pain, especially during winters. Even the consumption of ginger with tea or in food helps reduce joint pain and swelling.
- Improves digestive disorders – Giloy is very beneficial in improving digestion and is used to treat bowel related issues. Ayurveda recommends taking half a gram of Giloy powder with some amla regularly to maximize results.
Ayurvedic herbs have a plentitude of benefits that can help mankind recover from any prevailing disease, making the body immune to any future ailments and, restore well-being. For more precise consultation regarding ayurvedic herbs, consult with our experienced ayurvedic doctors or walk-in to fix an appointment for elaborate sessions atAyush, Singaporeand realize the importance of Ayurveda and ayurvedic herbs.