Benefits of Kerala Ayurvedic Therapy
Historians who discovered ancient scripts found a curative and preventive way of life in the natural system of healing and mechanism called Ayurveda. In existence for more than 5000 years and a body of knowledge passed down from generation to generation, this system of medicine has been making a difference to the way diseases have been understood and treated ever since. Back in Kerala, India eight Vadiya (doctor) families known as the Ashta Vaidyas each owned a branch of this system and medicine. They preached and practised Ayurveda based on the ancient texts. They became legendary for their knowledge and practise. Kerala thus turned into a land to be blessed by this lineage where Ayurveda became an intensive and authentic practice followed even today. Most of the Ayurveda practitioners the world has today have their roots in Kerala or have their gurus in Kerala.
Modern Kerala Ayurveda treatment encompasses the entire tradition of authentic Ayurveda that has time and again proven to effectively cure and uplift one’s health and well-being. Kerala Ayurveda treatment follows the method of slowing down the aging process by immunizing the system and arresting the degeneration of the body cells.
Ayurveda’s most significant achievement is its working methodology which is all about making the body resilient and preventing the contraction of diseases. Kerala ayurvedic therapy is based on rejuvenation therapy where the body is flushed clean of toxins using special herbs that strengthen the immune system immensely and drastically improve the overall condition of the patient. Ayurveda treatment focuses on the root aspect of balancing Vata, Pitta, and Kapha in the human body. Hence, Kerala Ayurvedic therapy is a person-specific and curative therapy prescribed for each person after consultation with learned ayurvedic medical practitioners. Kerala Ayurvedic massage is extremely beneficial in curing major ailments such as arthritis, paralysis, and spondylosis. It further helps in rejuvenating the body, inducing sleep, preventing anxiety and depression, boosting immunity, increasing lifespan, and overall well-being. An authentic Kerala ayurvedic massage also improves skin complexion, softens skin texture, and prevents aging.
Types of authentic Kerala Ayurveda treatments are,
- Kaya Chikitsa – Kaya means ‘body’ and chikitsa means ‘treatment’ is the first branch of Astanga Ayurveda, more commonly known as the eight-branched Ayurveda. This practice deals with a range of general diseases, mainly skin disorders, tuberculosis, diabetes, arthritis, rheumatoid, and others.
- Shalya Chikitsa – Ayurveda introduced surgery long before advanced medical science did. Shalya Chikitsa provided relief through surgeries to cure any ailments improving overall bodily functions.
- Graha Chikitsa – This branch of Ayurveda concerns the diseases acquired or inherited from causes that are unknown. It deals explicitly with the psychological conditions of a person or more commonly known as the diseases of the mind.
- Damshitra Chikitsa – Damshitra Chikitsa is an intensive curing method that deals with the removal of toxins (air and water pollution, vegetables, and minerals) by cleansing the immune system. This is done by having healthy and nutritious food.
- Jara Chikitsa – Jara Chikitsa deals with maintaining health and longevity. Ayurveda believes that the life force of a person can be increased with the help of Rasayana which in brief is the process of slowing down aging.
- Overall Kerala Ayurveda treatments are curative, rejuvenating, and beneficial in curing any kind of ailment affecting the human body eliminating the root cause of the symptom. Reach out to us – Ayush in Singapore to understand better how Kerala Ayurveda treatment should become a significant part of our lives to help boost immunity, enhance the overall quality of life, and favour well-being.