AYURVEDA TO PREVENT HAIR FALL
Hair fall is a rapidly increasing problem in both men and women in the modern world. Extremely busy lifestyles coupled with stress, pollution and unhealthy diets all result in rapid hair fall. This again triggers mental health by causing self-doubt, anxiety and even depression. For this reason, it is important to reduce hairfall and treat it to ensure the cycle is broken. Ayurveda always emphasized special care for the “crown” of the body or the head.
Regular head massages are a great way to stimulate hair follicles and hasten hair growth. There are also a few other basic hair care rules such as showering in cold water, brushing hair only when it is dry and avoiding heat-based styling, which can all help maintain hair and scalp health as well. However, Ayurveda also has a number of herbal remedies which can be used to reduce the volume of hair fall over time and even trigger new hair growth.
- Apply a mixture of Amla powder and lime juice on the scalp. Massage it well and allow to sit before rinsing off. This helps reduce dandruff, prevent greying and even puts a stop to rapid hair fall.
- Make bhringraj oil by drying the leaves at home and allowing them to sit in coconut oil for a few days until it is light green in colour. Use this to massage your scalp and let it stay on your hair overnight for best results. Bhringraj oil drastically reduces hair fall and is also used to stimulate hair growth.
- Shikakai is another powerhouse to tackle hair related issues. Dry Shikakai pods and add this powder to coconut oil. Massage the hair and scalp with this oil regularly to attain strong and shiny hair which won’t break or fall easily.
- Make coconut milk using grated coconut and water in a pan. Strain the liquid and add black pepper to it. Apply this onto your head and allow to sit for 30 minutes before shampooing. This protects hair from free radicals which can damage hair and cause hair fall.
- Aloe vera is extremely cooling and provides great relief from itchy and dandruff affected scalp. Use raw aloe vera pulp from the plant on the scalp. Allow it to sit and wash after an hour. This can be done a few times each week to see improvement in hair texture and reduction in hair fall.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water overnight, mash and use this paste as a hair mask. This helps protect hair follicles and repairs hair. It can be used a few times every week.
- Warm jojoba oil is great for reducing hair loss. Use this to massage the scalp and open up hair follicles. This also helps relieve stress and anxiety.
- Neem has potent antimicrobial properties which help reduce and prevent dandruff. It also promotes hair growth. Make a paste by grinding neem leaves and apply on the scalp. Shampoo and rinse off to attain strong and healthy hair and scalp.
If hair fall does not reduce even with proper care, visit an ayurvedic doctor to avail the best treatment.