How to do Abhyanga at Home?
Ayurveda has always been practiced for a larger cause i.e. it not only relieves the body from pain but is always used as a preventive medicine to shield the body from various diseases. Apart from the internal consumption of medicines, Ayurveda relies upon deep-nourishing ayurvedic massages to release the negativity accumulated in the body and make the body in balance with the mind and surroundings. Ayurvedic massage offers a plethora of benefits like flushing out of harmful toxins from the body, helping heal from anxiety and depression, soothing the mind, and strengthening the lymphatic system. Ayush ayurvedic clinic provides customized and curative ayurvedic massages after meticulous examination of the body by experienced ayurvedic doctors to resolve the imbalance of doshas.
Vist Ayush Ayurvedic Clinic or search for Ayush’s website to fix an appointment with our ayurvedic doctors who can help you gather a holistic means of lifestyle. Ayurvedic therapy services are so enriching and carefully customized for an individual that it gears up the body for an exhausting day ahead. An ayurvedic therapy like Abhyanga is one of the easiest self-care treatments to do at home. Abhyanga is a curative and therapeutic ayurvedic therapy involving massage of the whole body with dosha-specific warm herb-infused oil.
Steps to perform self-abhyanga:
- Before starting with the massage, as a pre-procedure, brush the skin with a dry brush so that the skin gets rid of dead skin or debris from the surface and the pores open out for oil penetration.
- Warm the oil along with herbs in a pot or rub the oil in between your palms.
- Start massaging your body with the oil, beginning with the neck, all the way down to your feet. Keep in mind to use long strokes for limbs and short strokes for joints for proper nourishment. Don’t forget the toes and fingers, paying extra attention to the soles of your feet as they contain important nerve endings.
- Leave the oil on for at least 5-10 minutes, as abhyanga’s deeper benefits depend on the body’s absorption of the oil and herbs massaged previously. Remember, it takes a few minutes for the oil to penetrate to the deepest layers of the skin, and some more minutes for it to penetrate the tissues of the internal body.
- Rinse off excess oil with a shower from head to toe on both warm and cold days. Don’t forget to do this as oil clogs the pores if left on the body for a long time.
Abhyanga comes with a multitude of benefits for the body such as,
- Better circulation throughout the body
- Provides lubrication for the joints, reducing pain and inflammation
- Encourages elimination of toxins and impurities from the body
- Increases strength of bones and muscle
- Helps tone the tissues of the body
- Improves immunity and tolerance
- Removes stiffness in body parts
- Decreases symptoms of fatigue, especially for the feet
- Improves sensitivity of the sense organs
- Enhances concentration and focus
- Relaxes the mind, promoting better and deeper sleep
- Makes skin softer and smoother, reduces wrinkles
- Encourages growth of thick, shiny hair
- Slows down visible signs of aging
Just like Abhyanga, several treatments like Nasyam, Pranayama, etc can be easily done at home. All you need to do is search for ‘Ayurvedic massage near me’ on the web in order to gather an understanding of easy, curative and self-care massages that can help change your life rapidly. Once you have found us among the top search results for ‘Ayurvedic massage near me’, walk in or get a prior appointment with us to experience Singapore’s most authentic Ayurvedic clinic, Ayush, consult with our expert Ayurveda physicians. A diagnostic session with our very popular ayurvedic medical practitioners regarding your physical and mental well-being will show you how better your life can be.