Everyday foods that build immunity
A vast majority of our population is getting affected by the Coronavirus disease and we seem a long way away from flattening the curve. But it is true and naturally proven that we can prevent our immune system from contagious diseases spreading rapidly. A healthy and efficient immune system is a must not only to fight diseases but also to prevent any further diseases our body might be prone to. Holistic and natural practices of Ayurveda aids in building an enormous amount of immunity to fight many ailments, both known and unknown. According to the 5000-year-old system of medicine called Ayurveda, it is possible to induce a healthy, sustainable, and overall immunity-boosted life by inculcating natural lifestyle practices.
A healthy and balanced diet helps strengthen a weak immune system in order to keep diseases at bay. That’s why Ayurvedic treatment involves adopting natural practices too apart from opting for advanced methods, potent concoctions, and customized treatments. These treatments recommend certain foods, rich in nutrients that aid the body to build a healthy and well-functioning immune system. Ayurvedic treatment is not only a standard and prescribed treatment by doctors but also a way of introducing a healthy lifestyle to prevent diseases. Apart from ayurvedic herbs, spices, and oils having a multitude of benefits, certain common foods that we intake daily possess immunity-boosting abilities that benefit one’s life. Some of the immunity-boosting consumed foods are,
- Lemons – Rich in Vitamin C, drinking hot water with lemon and honey can help restore lost immunity because of lemon’s anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. Lemon is the most effective citrus fruit which is a healthy salt substitute in salads, etc. and is beneficial for digestion.
- Ghee (clarified butter) – Ghee is one of the most rejuvenating and longevity-promoting foods because of its rich source in butyrate. Introduction of 100% verified cow ghee in a daily diet is an essential input by Ayurvedic practitioners for the gut to function effectively and remain healthy.
- Ginger – Kickstart your morning with a cup of ginger tea as ginger is a versatile spice, readily used as a potent home remedy for treating cold and flu. Due to anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, adding a considerable amount of ginger in your basic diet can treat nausea and stomach pain.
- Cumin – Cumin, also called jeera or zeera is a great detoxifying food as it’s rich in Vitamin C which further bolsters the immune system. A tablespoon of ginger contains almost 22 gms of Iron and is hence extremely beneficial in treating anemia.
- Dates – Ripe or dry, dates have proven to boost immunity for ages. Known to have healing powers, consumption of any form of date improves bone health and favors radiant skin. As a powerhouse of vitamins and proteins, dates promote digestion and help gut disorders too.
All these foods are essential for daily intake, especially during crucial times such as what we are going through.
Once you search for ‘Ayurveda treatment near me’, you will find the branch page of Ayush, established in four premier locations of Singapore offering various rejuvenating ayurvedic treatments along with the intake of potent ayurvedic medicines to cure any kind of ailment. Built under the mentorship of Bhramasri Ashtavaidyan Vaidyamadam Valiya Narayanan Namboothiri, Ayush is an established authentic and well-known Ayurvedic clinic in Singapore where Ayurveda is not only considered as a holistic practice but also a major way of life that can heal and uplift a person’s health. Therefore, when you search for ‘Ayurveda treatment near me’, check out the Ayush website, make an appointment with an Ayurveda doctor or walk-in for a diagnosis and treatment your body needs to keep all your diseases and infections at bay.