How are ayurvedic treatments effective?
Originating in the Indian subcontinent over 5000 years ago, Ayurveda is a branch of medicine which believes that the mental and physical health of a person depends on the right and precise balance between mind, body, and spirit. Ayurveda is known to be the science of healing. Ayurveda takes it that the web of life is intricately interwoven and interconnected. Ayurvedic medicine is considered to be one of the world’s oldest medical systems and customizes preventive wellness to the unique constitution of each and every individual. Ayurveda or Ayurvedic medicine is holistic, which means, it views the body and mind as a whole. It not only treats a person’s physical complaints but also changes his/her day-to-day or ‘dincharya’ practises to help maintain or improve overall health.
Ayurvedic treatment is a natural and holistic practice that involves products (mainly derived from plants), diet, exercise and, lifestyle. Ayurvedic treatment follows that trained Ayurveda practitioners not only to examine the body and diagnose the ailment but take an extensive and exhaustive look at the personal lifestyle of the person seeking treatment. The personal lifestyle of a person includes a daily diet, working conditions, exercise routines and, mental well-being. This examination helps the medical practitioner to identify key symptoms that are causing an imbalance in a person’s body. It is based on this examination and its learnings that the treatment is decided.
One can attain many benefits from Ayurvedic treatment:
- Having flawless skin – Healthy skin is beautiful skin and can only be maintained by adopting healthy lifestyle practices such as daily diet and regular intake of water. It is important to understand your skin type in order to undertake natural skin treatments of Ayurveda for radiant and healthy skin.
- Relieves the body from stress – Our body needs to be de-stressed once in a while. Long work hours, unhealthy diet, and irregular sleep make our body prone to various diseases. One can alleviate stress through proper diet, exercise and ayurvedic treatment ranging from deep conditioning oil/powder-based massages to internal consumption of ayurvedic medicine.
- Helps cure diabetes and high blood pressure – In Ayurveda, diabetes and high blood pressure can be cured through adjustments in a person’s way of life. A healthy diet along with the practice of yoga and meditation helps keep the body calm and stable.
- Increase stamina – Purification of the body through oil massage therapy helps rid the body of harmful toxins. These nourishing massages help in revitalizing energy by balancing the doshas in the body.
- Promotes weight loss – An ayurvedic diet constitutes nutrient-rich whole foods that help boost weight loss. Daily lifestyle practices like dietary changes and yoga can also uplift the physical and mental well-being of a person.
Ayurvedic treatment has cure to any kind of ailment prevailing in mankind. Consult with famous medical practitioners from Ayush in order to live a sustainable and disease-free life by adopting ayurvedic practices.