HOW TO MANAGE ANEMIA WITH AYURVEDA
Anemia is an increasingly common health concern which affects a large number of people. It causes a variety of symptoms and in some cases results in even more serious ailments. Ayurveda provides a number of ways to alleviate the symptoms of anemia and cure it as well. They are simple and effective and can be easily followed at home. Below are the ayurvedic practices to follow which can help you cure and manage anemia.
- Make a juice with apples, beetroot and honey. This can help boost hemoglobin levels in the blood.
- Fenugreek seeds have also shown great effect in treating anemia.
- Turmeric juice or golden milk is another ayurvedic remedy to treat anemia.
- Black sesame seeds are another remedy for anemia. Soak them in water and grind them with honey to make a paste. Use this paste to make warm milk. This can be had regularly for management of Ayurveda.
- Another tip to handle anemia is to avoid spicy food. Indigestion and poor digestive fire are indicators of anemia. This can be tackled by avoiding heavy or spicy foods which can upset the stomach.
- Lentil soup, pomegranates, melons must all be incorporated into diet to treat anemia.
- Bananas are a great way to boost hemoglobin in the blood. Try to eat at least one or two everyday.
- Amla juice with red beetroot is a great ayurvedic way to boost oxygen content in blood. It also improves hemoglobin content.
- While avoiding spicy food might be an obvious thought. Ayurveda prescribes that sour and salty foods must be avoided as well.
- Neem and tulsi are two ayurvedic herbs which are rich sources of iron. Add them to your diet to see improvement.
- One of the root causes of anemia is an aggravated pitta dosha. Drinking a spoonful of ghee every morning will soothe pitta and help reduce the symptoms of anemia.
- Shatavari, Chyawanprash, Triphala are 3 recommended ayurvedic remedies for anemia.
Always consult an ayurvedic doctor for the best way to handle any ailment or illness.