10 SIMPLE AYURVEDIC TIPS
Ayurveda is an ancient science which covers a wide array of remedies, healing practices and lifestyle changes to improve physical, mental and spiritual health. The core of Ayurveda lies in leading a simple life, one which is in touch with nature and all the wellness it offers. Below are 10 practices which can enhance your life and make it better, according to Ayurveda.
- Exercising vigorously might not be for everyone. However, walking is a simple way to keep the body active and improve health. It is considered to be tridoshic, meaning it balances out all 3 doshas in the body.
- Eat fresh food. Canned, processed, chemically preserved foods have become the norm. Go back to the roots and start preparing fresh, homemade fare using fresh, organic ingredients. You are sure to notice a massive improvement in all aspects of health.
- Drink warm water. Ayurveda believes that it is the frequency of drinking water which matters more than the quantity. Sip warm water throughout the day to ensure hydration and better digestion. It helps keep numerous ailments at bay and is a very simple habit to incorporate.
- Practice meditation. Mental and physical health go hand in hand. Be mindful of your actions and spend a few minutes each day to de-stress and calm the mind. This improves performance and also reduces anxiety, hypertension and more.
- Massage your body. Abhyangam can be done with warm herbal oil daily before bathing. This quenches the skin’s need for revival by touch and nourishes the deep layers of the skin. It boosts mental wellbeing as well.
- Use spices when cooking. Bland, tasteless food is not a joy to make or eat. However, a well-seasoned meal can drastically improve enjoyment of eating. Ayurveda lists a number of herbs and spices, all of which have great health benefits. Simply by adding them to your food, you are guaranteed better health.
- Consume ayurvedic medicine. Ayurveda has a number of formulations which improve body functioning. They soothe the entire system and keep organs hale and hearty. Chyawanprash, Triphala are some good examples of ayurvedic medicine which can improve lifestyle.
- Go natural for skincare. Chemicals are harsh on gentle skin and can damage it in many ways. Choose rosewater for a toner, honey as a moisturizing face wash, and oatmeal as a scrub. Aloe vera and turmeric can brighten and leave skin soft and dewy. This provides a great change to skin texture and health.
- Drink herbal teas. Herbs like coriander, tulsi, can all be steeped in hot water to make nourishing teas. They can help prevent illnesses.
- Practice detoxing such as panchakarma once every few months. This can remove all ama from the body and keep agni strong. Better digestion and better immunity will follow.