AYURVEDIC REMEDIES FOR HEALTHY GUT
Ayurveda believes that a healthy gut is key to good overall body function. The gut is the first part where digestion begins, making it absolutely important. The gut is filled with abundant bacteria which makes it vital to keep it a healthy environment for proper digestion. Below are a few ayurvedic ways to keep the gut functioning well.
- A mixture of ghee, salt and hot water works wonders for a healthy gut. The ghee has anti-inflammatory properties which soothes the tract and ensures it is clear of any toxins. The salt removes any harmful bacteria. Hot water acts as a great lubricant for the entire digestive system and removes any ama present.
- An ayurvedic tea made with fennel and ginger is another great way to boost digestive function. Fennel reduces any chance of bloating of the stomach. This tea can also be made with some honey and ginger. Ginger is known for its numerous curative properties in Ayurveda. It helps with keeping the gut a stable environment for proper digestion.
- Acid reflux is a common problem which is a result of an unhealthy gut. This can easily be resolved by chewing holy basil leaves, fennel seeds or even cloves. These herbs stimulate the production of saliva in the mouth which helps balance the acidity in the stomach. Regularly chewing these after meals can help keep digestion going smoothly.
- A tea made with turmeric, ginger and aniseed can help settle an upset stomach. This is a great home remedy with many benefits including easing digestion. By drinking this hot tea every night, gut health can be maintained easily.
- Well-cooked and soupy warm dishes are ideal when you feel your gut health is off. Try to drink lentil soup, kichari and season it well with black pepper, cinnamon and ginger. These spices help with digestion and help maintain a healthy gut flora. This is also ideal during cold weather.
- Drink coconut water and buttermilk. This ensures the body is well-hydrated and able to process all foodstuff well. Keep yourself healthy by proactively including these in your diet.
Follow the above steps and get more helpful ayurvedic tips from an experienced professional at Ayush.