AYURVEDA FOR UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
Urinary Tract Infections or UTIs are commonly seen in women. However, this does not mean they do not occur in men. The likelihood is lessened due to the anatomical difference. Women experience this due to a number of reasons. The most common one is lack of proper hygiene while using the toilet. There are also other reasons including holding in the urge to urinate, not drinking enough water and so on. According to Ayurveda, UTIs are a result of an imbalance of pitta dosha in the body. For this reason, it can be treated by balancing pitta. This includes avoiding hot and spicy foods, exercising in moderation and keeping the body cool and healthy. Ayurveda also suggests some easy remedies to keep UTIs at bay and heal those affected quickly and easily.
- Yoga and pranayama can help boost strength of pelvic floor muscles. This helps manage UTIs without too much stress to the body.
- Make an herbal tea with coriander and cumin seeds. This is a great ayurvedic way to naturally cleanse the body and treat UTIs.
- Ensure you drink enough water and urinate regularly. Urine keeps the tracts clean and ensures all bacteria are flushed out. Add some Himalayan pink salt to the water once a day.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, chocolate, processed foods, carbonated drinks and refined sugar. These can all worsen the pain when you have a UTI.
- Cool, damp environments are essential for bacteria to thrive. Eliminate this by wearing loose and airy clothes and underwear. Allow your body to breathe.
- Guduchi is a great herb to help manage UTIs. Consume this as an herbal tea to reduce the severity of symptoms.
- Make a tea using Indian tinospora, ashwagandha, ginger, Amla and gokshura. This provides immense relief from UTI.
- Consume good quantities of apples, grapes, berries, peaches, pomegranate and plums.
- Eat curd regularly as this acts as a probiotic adding healthy bacteria to your body’s biome and preventing infections.
- Chew on cardamom pods to cleanse the urinary tract and remove any toxins or ama. It gets rid of harmful bacteria, excessive salt, excess water and so on.
Always consult an ayurvedic doctor for the best solution to treat your body.