ALOE VERA – AYURVEDIC REMEDY
Aloe Vera is a part of numerous ayurvedic remedies due to its potent nature and its immensely cooling properties. It has been used extensively to treat problems related to menstruation and skin. The Sanskrit word for Aloe Vera is “Kumari” which means young woman. In Ayurvedic therapy, this plant has been used topically and orally as per the condition that is to be treated. Below are a few uses of Aloe Vera.
- Aloe Vera is an effective ayurvedic medicine to treat hemorrhoids. Drink Aloe Vera juice regularly or eat capsules containing it to help in healing.
- Heart disease and cholesterol can be prevented by regular consumption of Aloe Vera. This is because of its blood thinning properties.
- A simple ayurvedic remedy for smooth digestion is Aloe Vera. Simply take a little every day for the best benefits.
- Apply Aloe Vera directly on wounds to effectively heal them and prevent scarring. Be liberal in your application and re-apply every few hours.
- Aloe Vera can also be used as an ayurvedic remedy for dandruff. Simply apply the pulp on your scalp and wash off. It also helps nourish the hair follicles.
- Aloe Vera and turmeric is a great way to treat mouth ulcers. It helps soothe the wound and hastens the healing process.
- Aloe Vera pulp can also be applied fresh to the face. This is a great ayurvedic medicine to treat acne. It also helps heal burns and calm inflammation.
Consult an ayurvedic doctor before you add Aloe Vera to your regimen. This potent plant has immense healing properties when used correctly and is great for cooling the entire body.