5 MINUTE AYURVEDA
Ayurveda is a way of life that dramatically improves health, both physically and mentally. However, many people put off trying ayurveda at home due to the belief that it is time consuming and involves hard to obtain ingredients. This is completely untrue. Ayurveda can be implemented into your day-to-day life in the form of a number of simple practices. It is not only easy, but also effective for health, and creating impactful changes in lifestyle over the long run. Below are a few 5-minute Ayurveda tips that can help you gradually ease into the ayurvedic life.
- Rinse your eyes every morning with Triphala eye wash, made with 1/4 tsp Triphala in 1 cup of water and boiled.
- Switch out your regular glasses for copper tumblers and drink a glass of warm water every morning when you wake.
- Gargle your mouth with warm sesame oil for improved oral health.
- Put 5 drops of warm sesame oil into each ear every day.
- Do around 10 reps of surya namaskar or sun salutations every day.
- Before you shower, spend 5 minutes massaging your body with coconut oil or sesame oil depending on your dosha type.
- Meditate and perform mindful breathing for a little while every day.
- Use a dry brush in the shower to stimulate nerve endings and flow of lymph.
- Apply aloe vera gel on your face every day instead of chemical cosmetic products.
- Switch out your snacks such as biscuits, chips and sugary sweets with fruits and nuts. A simple but quick ayurvedic fix.
- Chew a little ginger every day for better digestive health.
- Spend a few minutes massaging your feet every night before bed. This helps relax your body and results in deep sleep.
- Avoid rushing through your meal. This will allow the body to absorb all necessary nutrients slowly.
- Eat lunch at noon as this is when “agni” is most active and the digestive system is working effectively.
- Incorporate ghee into your diet as it is a great carrier and can help detoxify the body.
- Drink golden milk, made with turmeric boiled in milk every night for restful sleep.
- Spritz rose water on your face whenever your skin feels tired or dull.
- Pranayama for a few minutes every day can greatly help improve mental health.
- Use a copper tongue scraper to remove all ama and toxins from your tongue.
- Take a short 5-minute power nap after lunch every day for better digestion.
These are simple ayurvedic practices which provide long term health benefits. For specific disorders or ailments, always consult an ayurvedic doctor for the best therapies and remedies.