HOW TO TREAT A COLD WITH AYURVEDA
Ayurveda stipulates that the common cold is a result of imbalance in vata and kapha doshas. It starts with a discharge from the nasal cavities, and can be prevented by using ayurvedic medicines. According to Ayurveda, there are a few factors which may make the body more susceptible to catching a cold.
- Excessive consumption of fried food, dairy or dry grains
- Unstable weather conditions or sudden change in location and climate
- Exposure to dusty and smoky environments.
However, there are several extremely potent ayurvedic treatments which can cure a common cold in a jiffy. Below are a few methods which can help heal a cold in a holistic and natural manner.
- Brew a herbal tea with raisins, cinnamon bark, licorice roots and black pepper. This is a great ayurvedic medicine to soothe the nasal cavities and the throat and provide relief.
- Dry roast caraway seeds and use them in a gauze as a pack. Rub it gently around the forehead and nasal region. Inhale the aroma and allow it to bring on its curative effects. This is a potent ayurvedic remedy for a cold.
- If your cold is severe and accompanied by a fever, take some crushed mint leaves with some water and sip on this at regular intervals for relief.
- Boil 10 pepper seeds with water until reduced by half and sip it throughout the day. This is a great ayurvedic treatment for heavy headedness, congested sinuses and helps provide almost immediate relief.
- Another ayurvedic medicine is a herbal tea made of basil, pepper, and ginger. You may have it black or add some milk to this and sip regularly to relieve all symptoms of cold.