GUDUCHI POWDER – AN AYURVEDIC MEDICINE
The word guduchi is a sanskrit term which means “that which protects the body from diseases”. This ayurvedic herb is also known as Amrita, or heavenly elixir. Guduchi is believed to have immense power and even kept heavenly beings from aging. The botanical name for this herb is Tinasporacordifolia. It is a creeper which has potent healing properties and can be used in a variety of ways to achieve the required benefits.
Guduchi is famous for its green, heart-shaped leaves. This creeper plant, when it grows on a neem tree, is believed to acquire the therapeutic properties of Neem as well. Heave, guduchi growing upon neem is widely sought for its medicinal properties. Guduchi itself has detoxifying properties which help the body rid itself of ama or toxins. It also boosts the immune system and is found to have a positive effect in the treatment of colds and flus, arthritis, skin disorders and more.
Guduchihas a light and unctuous taste according to Ayurveda. It is tri-doshicwhich means, it helpspacify all 3 doshas. It has also been found to help kindle digestion, purify blood, and even bind stools better. Guduchi has a heating effect, however this does not aggravate pitta. This herb helps rid the body of ama resulting from undigested food, amavisha which is a blockage of normal paths due to accumulation of ama, and garvisha, which unlike the previous two, is a result of environmental pollution or unhealthy surroundings.
BENEFITS OF GUDUCHI
- Promotes digestion
- Purifies blood
- Supports immunity
- Removes toxins
- Helps liver function
- Has rejuvenating properties
USAGE AND REMEDIES
- Guduchi powder can be taken in prescribed quantities for good digestion and liver function.
- An herbal concoction made of guduchi powder, long pepper and honey in water is a great remedy for anorexia and fevers.
- Guduchi with ghee is an excellent ayurvedic remedy to balance vata
- Guduchi with jaggery provides great relief from constipation.
- Guduchi with sugar candy helps balance pitta dosha.
- Occasional pains can be soothed and managed by guduchi in castor oil.
This ayurvedic medicine can be used as required on consultation with an ayurvedic doctor. Depending on your ailments, guduchi can be used to help treat, and better your life in a holistic and natural way.