AYURVEDA FOR YOUR ORGANS
Ayurveda provides great at home remedies to maintain the health of all organs. Below is a list of ayurvedic therapies for the lungs, kidneys, heart and digestive tract. Follow them regularly to experience prolonged relief from any ailments.
- Kapha accumulates in the lungs in the form of phlegm. This can be prevented by daily consumption of tulsi tea. Tulsi tea is made by boiling a few leaves in water, and adding ground peppercorns. Ginger can also be pounded and added. Allow it to steep in water and then drink with a little honey or sugar.
- Soak a handful of raisins in water and chew on these every morning. This improves lung health over an extended period of time.
- Include pranayama in your daily routine to prevent infection of the lungs and keep them strong and healthy. This can be done along with yoga regularly for best results.
- If you have a cough, a mixture of ginger powder, cumin and a small amount of sugar can provide immediate relief and soothe the throat and lungs.
- If your throat is sore or congested, chewing and sucking on black pepper and sugar can help reduce the hoarseness.
- Amalaki or Indian gooseberry is renowned for its heart healing properties. Drink Amla juice or eat Amla powder every day for a healthy heart.
- High levels of cholesterol is a growing problem in many parts of the world due to unhealthy eating habits. Eat 2 cloves of garlic every morning to help reduce cholesterol and prevent coronary disease.
- When sleeping, lay down with your head facing the south or east to bolster good heart health.
- Eat a few crushed basil leaves with water to prevent any digestive
- Soak fenugreek seeds in lemon juice and refrigerate. Chew a little of this after dinner every day to prevent indigestion and constipation.
- After every meal, take a short walk to allow the body to digest the food effectively. However, after lunch, it is advisable to take a short 10-minute nap to hasten the digestion process.
- Discomfort due to accumulation of gases in the stomach can be reduced by the following ayurvedic method. Lay on your back and take 8 deep breaths, repeat on your right side for 16 breaths and left for 32 breaths. This allows for better passage of food and helps expel and air in the body.
- Avoid urinating immediately after a meal to prevent kidney stones, and other diseases such as prostate infections and bladder issues.
- Apple cider vinegar can help flush the kidneys. Drink a teaspoon with water every morning for a week. Do this every month or two for long term results.
- Drink plenty of warm water throughout the day to flush any ama or toxins from the body. This also helps keep the body hydrated and able to function effectively.
- Avoid sugar, excessive salt and tobacco for good kidney health.